Inter Technical Translations always tries to provide our Clients a package of translation-related services as complete as they need. We can do almost everything required to prepare source materials for translation, translate it and make it ready for end-user. In addition to translation itself we offer texts extraction, DTP, engineering, on-line publishing and much more.
Translation and editing make the core part of our activities. We are working directly with many manufacturing companies to cover their translation and localization needs. We are also doing a lot of work for other translation agencies, from largest to smallest.
This helps us achieve expertise in translations for different industries:
- IT, Software & Hardware
- Telecommunications & Networking
- Consumer Electronics
- Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
- Oil & Gas
- Power Equipment
- Medical Equipment and Systems
- Health Care, Biology, Ecology
- Food Industry
- Travel & Tourism
Most often we are working with the following types of content:
- Technical manuals and User documentation
- Software and Built-in Interface strings
- Helps and User Assistance
- Web sites and other online content
- Marketing materials
- E-learning and Training materials
- Corporate materials and magazines
- Graphics and Arttext
- Voiceover Scripts
For some of our Clients we also provide an independent third-part translations Review as well as Client-Side Review in cooperation with the Clients' own Language Specialists.
To ensure process efficiency and consistency of the translations different Computer Aided Translation (CAT) tools and terminology maintenance solutions are used.
We translate from English as well as other major European languages into
- Baltic Region languages (Estonian, Latvian and Lithuanian)
- Eastern/Central European languages (Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Hungarian, Polish, Romanian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian as well as Albanian, Bosnian, Macedonian, Montenegrin etc.)
- Turkish, Azeri
- Kazakh, Mongolian
We also offer:
- Nordic and Western European languages
- Japanese, Simplified & Traditional Chinese, Korean
There are many types of products requiring localization to fit target audience and culture needs, ensure good visibility and linguistic correctness. We are working with
- Software products, Web-based applications and Built-in software
- Web sites
- Multimedia and Interactive documents
- Marketing materials
In addition to translation and editing they require different preparation steps as well as post-processing, like for example:
- Identification of culture-based changes required, from measurements recalculation to proper names changes, connotation checks etc.
- Identification of texts to be translated and extraction into translator-friendly format
- Identification of existing technical restrictions, from determining maximal strings length or supported encoding to grammatical requirements based on the context and type of particular string usage etc.
- Verification of target local data like links, phone numbers, addresses etc.
- Back-conversion to source formats
- Compilation and/or on-line Publishing
- Visual and Linguistic Checks and Testing
Our localization engineers are pro's in all standard environments (MS Windows, Mac OS, Open Source OSes) and are using both common and specific tools and packages.
DTP and on-line Publishing
Constantly growing usage of XML-based documentation formats significantly affected DTP-related activities moving them closer to engineering and testing, but even semi-automated processing and publishing require adjustments and checks. Also there are still millions of pages that are intended to be printed on paper which are therefore prepared using tools compliant with printing industry standards. Graphics can be localized in either case if required.
Our DTP specialists are fluent in both areas and can handle virtually any language and any document format, including also formats conversions. We can check translated XMLs for correctness and test outputs. We perform DTP tidy-up using almost all DTP packages available for PC and MAC. We localize graphics; ensure proper indexing and alphabetic sorting. We perform voice and visual part synchronization if necessary.
Wide variety of tools is used for DTP tidy-up and Engineering/Publishing for both MS Windows and Mac OS environments, allowing us to cover almost any type of requests.
Translated material should look the same way the source. Or even better.